I listen to quite a few Podcasts and like my previous YouTube post figured I would make a post about them here. Here is a partial list of ones that I would recommend people check out (in no particular order):
- Description: Serial tells one story—a true story—over the course of a season. Each season, we follow a plot and characters wherever they take us. We won’t know what happens at the end until we get there, not long before you get there with us. Each week we bring you the next chapter in the story, so it’s important to listen to the episodes in order.
- Website: https://serialpodcast.org/
- Feed: http://feeds.serialpodcast.org/serialpodcast
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/serial/id917918570
Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History
- Description: In “Hardcore History” journalist and broadcaster Dan Carlin takes his “Martian”, unorthodox way of thinking and applies it to the past. Was Alexander the Great as bad a person as Adolf Hitler? What would Apaches with modern weapons be like? Will our modern civilization ever fall like civilizations from past eras? This isn’t academic history (and Carlin isn’t a historian) but the podcast’s unique blend of high drama, masterful narration and Twilight Zone-style twists has entertained millions of listeners.
- Website: http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
- Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dancarlin/history?format=xml
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dan-carlins-hardcore-history/id173001861
- Description: Each week, hear surprising conversations that explore the riddles of everyday life and the weird wrinkles of human nature—from cheating and crime to parenting and sports. Dubner talks with Nobel laureates and provocateurs, social scientists and entrepreneurs — and his “Freakonomics” co-author Steve Levitt.
- Website: http://freakonomics.com/
- Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/freakonomicsradio
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/freakonomics-radio/id354668519
- Description: Media criticism. Self-abuse. If someone else were doing this, I wouldn’t have to. New episode every Monday.
- Website: http://canadalandshow.com/
- Feed: http://canadaland.libsyn.com/rss
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/canadaland/id721048994
- Description: Steve Gibson, the man who coined the term spyware and created the first anti-spyware program, creator of Spinrite and ShieldsUP, discusses the hot topics in security today with Leo Laporte.
- Website: https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/
- Feed: http://feeds.twit.tv/sn.xml
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/security-now-mp3/id79016499
Common Sense with Dan Carlin
- Description: Carlin’s self-described “Martian” viewpoints infuse each episode with a political alien’s take on the world around us and the problems it faces. It’s a smart, unique (and admittedly U.S.-centric) program that doesn’t dumb down the information or analysis for the slowest person in the room. Carlin’s rapid-fire staccato voice has been compared to William Shatner after too many espressos. That, plus his penchant for making everyone in the audience mad at him eventually, makes for a witch’s brew of a podcast that is not for everyone. But for those craving a deeper intellectual analysis, a less partisan approach and unpredictable outside-the-box revelations, Common Sense with Dan Carlin is a feast for the mind.
- Website: http://www.dancarlin.com/common-sense-home-landing-page/
- Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dancarlin/commonsense?format=xml
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/common-sense-with-dan-carlin/id155974141
- Description: Desmond Cole and Andray Domise want to know how their country works, why they should care and what they should do.
- Website: http://canadalandshow.com/tags/canadalandcommons
- Feed: http://canadalandcommons.libsyn.com/rss
- iTunes feed: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/canadaland-commons/id983702127
If you have any recommendations for new podcasts that you think I should check out, please let me know in the comments.